In-house Regulatory & Commercial (FS) - FT/PT & hybrid/remote
Excellent senior in-house opportunity for a lawyer with regulatory and commercial experience to join a collaborative legal team which puts itself at the heart of the business. This is a largely remote role, with an expectation of perhaps one day week at the office, and the role can be developed around the ideal person - either full time or part-time (3.5 days or more). Working alongside the UK Head of Legal and the broader legal team, you will be at least 5 years PQE, to more senior.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and training to UK divisions on a range of legal and regulatory matters.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating & advising on a range of contracts (commercial, IT, IP, outsourcing & supplier agreements) for the UK businesses
- Working on consumer credit matters and joining projects to advise on such issues and liaising with external counsel
- Advising the Compliance Department re AML and anti-bribery legal matters
- Working alongside the Exec, UK Head of Legal and wider legal team on UK debt purchase, servicing and other new business arrangements.
- Attending meetings (both internal and external) representing the legal department
- Issuing instructions to external law firms and managing the relationship with external regulatory lawyers.
You will work collaboratively to help the organisation deliver and evolve its strategic priorities. Applications from those with regulatory (and perhaps commercial contracts experience) from either a private practice or in-house background are most welcome.
You should be a strong communicator, very commercially aware and solutions focused. This is a fantastic opportunity, for someone keen to perform a pivotal role within an organisation, whilst absolutely enjoying a decent work/life balance. On offer is a generous remuneration package offering a wide range of benefits . Only those with UK experience will be considered.
To learn more about this opportunity please send your CV to Adele Callaghan (specifying full details of your current remuneration package) or email me for a return call to discuss the role.