Insolvency & Restructuring Associate - NQ+, Surrey
New - our client are a leading Legal 100 firm with an enviable reputation for their highly-rated Insolvency and Restructuring team who frequently advise international names on complex and high-value corporate restructuring and contentious insolvency matters. Due to growth, a unique opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual with a minimum of 1-2 PQE to join the team and play an integral role in the future growth of the practice. The successful individual will be detail-orientated with some previous exposure to insolvency issues at your current firm.
This is a unique opportunity to join a firm who can demonstrate high retention numbers across all PQE levels and encourage promotion internally when looking at expanding the partnership.
The R&I team has a wide sphere of expertise, focusing on turnaround and insolvency matters; including advising banks, asset based lenders, boards of directors, insolvency practitioners, debtors and other creditors on all matters arising where insolvency is likely unless action is taken by restructuring or where formal insolvency is imminent or has occurred. There's plenty of opportunity for progression, exposure to high quality work and excellent partner access right from the moment you join us.
- 1 PQE in Restructuring and Insolvency
- A strong track record at a reputable regional or City R&I practice
- Familiarity with corporate and banking documents
- Ambition, energy and enthusiasm for Restructuring and Insolvency law
We would like to speak with confident, personable and professional fee-earners who strive to exceed client expectations on every transaction and are looking to promote their reputation, the team and the wider firm through networking, publications and seminars.
The successful individual will be working in all aspects of insolvency, both personal and corporate, including transactional, advisory and contentious insolvency. The team works for a wide range of insolvency practitioners, banks, lenders, investors, directors, companies and individuals and the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work closely with all clients in an exciting area of law.
The team act on both contentious and non-contentious matters, including those involving fraud, across a wide range of sectors. You may advise on administrations and CVAs; both formal and informal procedures including; all forms of receivership and liquidation; Insolvency Act claims; trading claims and fraud; directors' duties; solvent and insolvent restructurings.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Associate with solid insolvency experience to join the team and help drive this niche practice forwards. You will ideally have gained at least 1 years experience advising across a range of insolvency related issues (contentious or non-contentious) which may include the below:
- A working knowledge of the Insolvency Act 1986 and Insolvency Rules 2016 is essential
- You will have some experience in dealing with administration appointments, security reviews, sales of businesses, winding up petitions, bankruptcy petitions, matrimonial home proceedings, transactions at undervalue, preferences and directors' loan accounts.
- Restructuring of solvent / insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations and bankruptcies
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advising on distressed situations such as difficult trading conditions (include directors' advice), winding-up orders and confiscating property or assets;
- Formulating effective exit strategies for owners and investors; preparing securities documentation; undertaking fraud investigations and pursuing and/or defending actions against directors;
- Handling complex and challenging Pension Regulation when insolvency looms; Members of our Insolvency & Restructuring team have also worked in-house at the Pensions Regulator.
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
An attractive financial package is on offer in addition to career progression.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below.
Alternatively, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - or - 01844 355 794