TMT Leader (4+ PQE), Hybrid - Telecoms
About the role
Our client is looking for an experienced lawyer with a regulatory / litigation background that has the commercial awareness to utilise their skill set in an in-house environment and across multiple different contexts and disciplines. Commercial acumen and the ability to influence will be key. This is a new role, and you will have the opportunity to shape it. You will be a part of a relatively new legal team which is quickly growing and have the flexibility to work a few days from home.
You will work with many of the clients US legal teams including Disputes Resolution, Compliance, and Anti-Trust, to help co-ordinate and align the activities of the International Legal Team. You will also help advise the business in relation to actual or potential disputes, look at contractual terms to identify potential gaps or inconsistencies, liaise with regulators on behalf of their international companies and advise on the potential application of a diverse range of laws to the business. You will work with and manage outside counsel where the need arises.
- Qualified as a solicitor or equivalent in a European jurisdiction with undergraduate and legal practice qualifications degrees from accredited institutions. Exposure to English law and contracts governed by the law of England and Wales is preferred but not essential.
- Minimum 4 years’ post qualification experience, either gained in-house legal or at a reputable law firm, ideally including at least 2 years’ post qualification experience gained in private practice.
- Self-starter, who will proactively issue spot and seek resolution, work independently (with appropriate supervision), as well as work cooperatively with small teams as the circumstances may require.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with management and operations personnel.
- Ability to identify matters requiring escalation to senior members of the legal team, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product.
Contact Sarita Rai for more information
T: +44 203 826 1807