Property Litigation Solicitor (NQ+) - Buckinghamshire
New! - our client is a leading Legal 500 firm with a pre-eminent reputation for all property litigation matters. Due to growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Property Litigation Solicitor (NQ+) to join their team and assist, advise, and lead (where appropriate), across a broad range of complex contentious property matters. The firm work with major blue chip clients including recognised names in commercial property and you can expect early client contact.
This is a new career opportunity for a proactive NQ-4 year Solicitor to join a very successful, top tier rated commercial Dispute Resolution team, working with their Property team. The successful individual will have an eye for detail and enjoy working as part of a cohesive team that works hard to deliver but has plenty of support and fun along the way.
Preferred is a good grounding in property litigation such as the 1954 Act renewals, Leasehold Enfranchisement, landlord and tenant disputes, residential and commercial debt recovery and break clauses is desirable as are good client liaison/interpersonal skills (verbal and written) and the ability to organise, prioritise and handle a busy and varied caseload.
The successful individual can expect to assist and advise investors; developers; landlords; retailers and significant public sector bodies. The firm promotes working from home flexibility and their modern office is ideally situated for easy commuting. Recognised for their collegiate culture and transparent career progression framework, the firm regularly attracts individuals from other respected firms in the city and region.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join and learn from the leading experts in the field. You will work closely with the Head of Department and other team members (both legal and other professionals in the field) in developing your knowledge and expertise.
- Preparing and running Code litigation in the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) including acquiring new sites, renewing existing sites and defending clients from termination notices and removal action;
- Preparing and running hostile & non-hostile cases pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954;
- Dealing with breach allegations, access issues & disclosure of commercially sensitive information;
- Providing strategic litigation advice to clients.
- Experience of the Electronic Communications Code is desirable but not necessary provided there is a strong desire to learn this fascinating and emerging area of law
The real estate department handles a broad range of real estate work across different sectors and includes teams dedicated to real estate dispute resolution, construction and environmental law. The real estate disputes team sits within the department and handles the full scope of property litigation work including:
- Full range of commercial landlord and tenant work – including 1954 Act renewals and disputes; dilapidations; consents; rent reviews; break notices; forfeiture and possession;
- Development disputes and other contractual disputes relating to commercial and residential property;
- Easements, covenants and boundary disputes and advice;
- Land ownership including adverse possession and co-ownership claims;
- Insolvency matters with a property angle;
- Extensive advice on property issues arising from COVID-19.
- Litigation in the High Court and County Court as well as the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber); mediations and other forms of ADR.
Clients include mid-tier businesses (whether quoted or owner-managed), household name PLCs and other major international groups. The team act for owners and investors, individuals and developers and have extensive experience dealing with our corporate occupier clients’ property litigation requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
This opportunity is ideally suited for either an ambitious junior solicitor (NQ+) or experienced property litigator who:
- Can manage a high volume of cases in both the county court and Lands Tribunal;
- Has technical expertise of hostile and non-hostile Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 cases, dealing with access disputes and/or breach claims;
- Has experience of managing a portfolio of properties/ clients with multiple sites;
- Is highly skilled at project management and who can prioritise and manage clients;
- Is a technical lawyer and can think creatively and strategically;
- Can adapt to change and ambiguity in a complex, fast-changing environment, and who is competent in coping with uncertainty and risk;
- Has the ability to articulate complex matters in a concise and precise manner and to debate issues and ideas constructively;
The successful individual can expect to:
1. Provide a high quality legal service to clients on all aspects of real estate dispute resolution including:
- Disputes arising out of residential and commercial leases
- Disputes arising out of the buying and selling of land
- Disputes arising out of encumbrances affecting land.
2. Develop own technical knowledge and skills including the ability to:
- Analyse information and reach sound decisions
- Understand and adhere to instructions
- Communicate succinctly both orally and in writing
- Research appropriate case law and technical and legal precedents to progress matters.
This role will be assisting, and leading on, a mixed caseload of property litigation matters working within a team assisting national clients across all sectors.
You will be expected to maintain and develop client relationships and also contribute to business development events and activities.
The ideal individual will have excellent academics and experience of working to the highest standards - either from a recognised city or regional firm. You have solid understanding of the civil litigation process and sound knowledge of Landlord & Tenant Law. Excellent communication skills and the ability to monitor, manage and implement a significant caseload with numerous deadlines is key.
In return, you will be joining a progressive and forward thinking firm with an emphasis on exceeding client expectations on every instruction. The firm actively promotes agile working from home and has an active social committee with regular networking and events providing ample opportunity to integrate with other practice areas.
A highly attractive financial package is on offer + career progression + benefits.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Professional Support Partner jobs in Northamptonshire
- Real Estate Professional Support Partner jobs in Northamptonshire
- Telecoms Professional Support Partner jobs in Northamptonshire
- Arbitration Professional Support Partner jobs in Northamptonshire
- Civil Litigation Professional Support Partner jobs in Northamptonshire