Legal Counsel (4+ PQE), Litigation - TMT
Our client is looking for an experienced lawyer with a litigation background that has the commercial awareness to utilise their skillset in an in-house environment and across multiple different contexts and disciplines. Commercial acumen and the ability to influence will be key. This is a new role and you will have the opportunity to shape it.
- Qualified as a solicitor or equivalent in a European jurisdiction with undergraduate and legal practice qualifications degrees from accredited institutions. Exposure to English law and contracts governed by the law of England and Wales is preferred but not essential.
- Minimum 4 years’ post qualification experience, either gained in-house legal or at a reputable law firm, ideally including at least 2 years’ post qualification experience gained in private practice.
- Experience counselling clients and ideally some experience of negotiating commercial transactions, ideally in advertising, technology, or software licensing and development – however this is not a strict requirement.
- Self-starter, who will proactively issue spot and seek resolution, work independently (with appropriate supervision), as well as work cooperatively with small teams as the circumstances may require.
- Ability to work effectively with management and operations personnel.
- Ability to identify matters requiring escalation to senior members of the legal team, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product.
- Ability to support a fast-paced entrepreneurial business.
- Comfortable working across multiple practice groups, gathering feedback and spotting issues outside primary area of responsibility.
Contact Sarita Rai for more information
T: +44 203 826 1807