Senior Legal Counsel (5+ PQE) FTC -- GCom / Media / Marketing / IP
The role is initially a six-month contract with a view to the position going permanent at the end of the year.
This role is a rare opportunity to operate within the Marketing, Media and IP legal team, working on a broad range of cutting-edge contracts, including sponsorships and partnerships, media and data monetisation projects, media and marketing agency agreements and working with consumer product providers.
At a high level, the role involves working on a broad range of contracts supporting the Commercial Director.
As Senior Counsel in the role you would have responsibility for the following areas:
- Business partnering with a range of stakeholders on a range of contracts.
- Negotiating and agreeing key contractual terms.
- Providing holistic advice on legal considerations of contracts and new products, bringing in other lawyers with specific subject matter expertise as appropriate.
- Escalating key commercial and legal risks and summarising big deals for Group and management teams.
- Identifying opportunities to mitigate risks and/or learn from specific challenges, such as improving processes, developing best practice terms or new policy.
- Training operational and commercial teams on how to get the best out of contract negotiations.
- Working with many parts of the business including Commercial, Consumer, Service, Sales, Risk & Compliance and New Product Development.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ PQE and qualification at well-respected law firm in the UK or another Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Strong advisory, drafting and negotiation skills with a commercial mindset.
- Proactive, practical and commercial – actively takes initiative and focuses on solutions/business outcomes and with a “can do” problem-solving attitude.
- Constructive and consultative team player with good communication skills with an ability to communicate with, and influence people at all levels (internally and externally) in a clear, succinct and persuasive way.
- Ability to identify key issues of commercial significance and/or those with most significant risk profiles and work creatively and collaboratively to drive optimal outcomes.
Contact Sarita Rai for more information
T: 0203 826 1807
Apply for Senior Legal Counsel (5+ PQE) FTC -- GCom / Media / Marketing / IP
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly