In-House Legal Counsel (2-5 PQE) • TOP Global IT Company • Madrid, Spain
In House Legal Counsel
TOP Multinational Technology Company
Our client is a sought after multinational technology employer with a busy 80-strong global legal team employing 150 different nationalities operating in every country of the world.
Due to continuous business growth and internal promotions this industry-leading services, data processing and software development organisation is looking to hire a talented lawyer for their EMEAR team to be based in Madrid.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded legal team that is central to a dynamic, fast moving global technology business in an exciting and varied commercial role, supporting the business on a broad range of legal matters.
People and Culture
This industry leader has managed to create an exceptionally supportive and collaborative corporate culture that helps people thrive. The quality of people is outstanding as the organisation is very selective and has a strong focus around culture, integrity and respect for the individual. There is excellent work-life balance for all functions including legal.
You will work with some of the most competent lawyers in the tech sector. There is great camaraderie at all levels, people are friendly and helpful. The team like each other and there is a very low level of politics.
The legal team mirrors the business structure. It is split along divisional, regional and functional lines, with the core focus on corporate, regulatory, IP/IT, contractual and legal issues. The legal team has broad international capabilities and handles most issues internally, using outside counsel for niche local issues and specific technical needs.
The General Counsel an insightful and tenacious business lawyer with great business sense, a confidant and advisor to the leadership and a caring manager, colleague and friend to their team members. The team value their vision, intelligence, speed of thought, composure under pressure and practicality. No matter how tense or stressful a situation, they make people feel better, more relaxed and more focused. They are fun to work with, witty and entertaining.
The role is part of the EMEA General Counsel's team and is highly versatile in nature handling commercial legal matters. The work is varied and exciting – the company operates at the forefront of their sector.
You will join the company in a broad commercial role working closely with the business units and supporting them with the following activities:
- Providing legal support and advice to the business, including new and strategic business
- Drafting and negotiation of complex, high value commercial contracts
- Strategic decision making, structuring transactions and analysis of relevant regulatory environment
- Developing, implementing, training and overseeing legal policies and procedures for the business.
- Supporting the digital transformation processes for the legal department
- Supporting the business teams in formulation and implementing of the solutions portfolio and go-to-market strategy
- Liaising with external counsel and procuring input and advice.
This is a big role actively shaping complex deals across jurisdictions.
This is a great company in which to develop and push yourself. The legal team enjoys regular training, coaching and mentoring from the managers and excellent personal development opportunities.
If you are interested in progressing in your career, moving abroad or have an interest in another legal area, it is easy to do so.
Given the high value / high quality work on offer we are looking for the following skills and experience
- 2-5 years of experience either in private practice or in-house
- any transactional specialism
- law firm training or experience is strongly preferred (industry-related skills will be developed)
- the following skills and experience are NOT mandatory but it's great if you have them: technology, IP, e-commerce, outsourcing, data protection, competition law
- fluency in English
In return, you can expect
- A clear career path right from the start
- Unlimited training opportunities and ongoing mentoring from some of the best lawyers in the industry
- Be part of a fun and collegiate legal team of international lawyers
- Career development focusing on your strengths and matching your responsibilities to your strengths and preferences
- High quality high value transactional legal work
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits allowing for a great lifestyle
- International mobility
- Excellent work-life balance, flexibility of office presence
- Generous annual leave of 30 days + 14 bank holidays (2 months of holidays per year in total)
Your recruiter is Mila Read, Director and in-house tech legal recruiter at Found Legal. Please apply below, submit your CV via Found Legal website, pm Mila on LinkedIn or share this opportunity with friends.
The recruitment process is fast and efficient (2-3 meetings) with immediate feedback from interviewers.
We have a strong relationship with the hiring team so will advise whether this organisation would be a good fit to your skills, experience and aspirations.
Once shortlisted, will receive extensive preparation and guidance for every interview.
Found Legal practice strict confidentiality in all communication and will never share your CV until discussing an opportunity with you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About Found Legal
Suppliers to major global organisations, Found Legal put you in front of exciting career opportunities.
We focus on placing lawyers into world-class in-house legal teams in tech across Europe and the UK.
To keep up-to-date with new opportunities follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/found-legal