Senior Regulatory Lawyer (Deputy GC / 7+ PQE) - Telecoms
Our client is seeking a mid to senior level lawyer to oversee a variety of legal regulatory and licensing matters for the company’s dynamic and growing international business providing a diverse suite of managed communications and broadband services and technologies in the enterprise space. You will also help support a broader array of regulatory issues in connection with our other international businesses in the AdTech sector. You will be responsible for monitoring regulatory trends and changes affecting the business, managing regulatory compliance and licensing, and helping align with the U.S. regulatory team. More broadly, you will be a member of a robust International Legal Team, all of whom work together on a broad range of commercial, regulatory, and compliance related projects.
You are a gifted lawyer with a background in the communications sector, and familiarity with the regulatory and commercial legal needs in this vibrant space. You have a background in regulatory and licensing support in this sector and an interest in the relevant policy issues; broader regulatory experience (in privacy, ad-tech, and more) is a plus. You are someone who appreciates the complexity of business and legal matters as well as the unique challenge of aligning legal requirements across international jurisdictions and you combine a commitment to legal and ethical compliance with a passion for providing practical advice based on a nuanced understanding of the business and its products.
You will report into the International Legal Team, but you will also coordinate closely with the Legal Regulatory team in the United States.
- Understand the various international products and services
- Counsel and advise international businesses with respect to regulatory requirements, compliance, best practices, and trends affecting the provision of managed communications services and technology to enterprise customers. This includes communications sector regulations, licensing requirement, and broader familiarity with regulations affecting the operation of the business.
- Oversee regulatory licensing needs. coordinate with local counsel in multiple jurisdictions to ensure requirements are understood and steps are taken to comply with applicable regulations.
- Draft, review, update, and negotiate (as appropriate) agreement templates as well as other agreements and policies, with respect to regulatory matters.
- Help the businesses evaluate the regulatory landscape in new jurisdictions targeted for potential expansion.
- Assist with pre-acquisition due diligence relating to international regulatory matters and integration activities post-M&A activity.
- Perform legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and recommend the appropriate, practical course of action on day to day business needs Consult with outside counsel to resolve issues in non-routine matters.
- Stay attuned to relevant developments in the international regulatory landscape and provide proactive updates to leadership.
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales (other European jurisdictions may also be considered)
- Undergraduate and legal practice qualifications degrees from accredited institutions.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ post qualification experience, either gained in-house legal or at a reputable law firm.
- Demonstrated background advising technology/communications companies in matters of Legal / Regulatory compliance across multiple jurisdictions.
- Self-starter, who possesses excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify matters requiring escalation to senior members of the legal team, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product.
- Ability to support a fast-paced entrepreneurial business.
Contact Sarita Rai for more information
T: +44 203 826 1807