The Group: General Corporate unites a variety of functions at Morningstar including design, marketing, finance, quality, human resources, corporate communications, legal, compliance, strategic planning, and technology with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our company’s infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and ongoing strategic initiatives.
The Team: The Legal Department at Morningstar provides legal counsel to Morningstar’s business operations around the world and assists the directors of Morningstar group companies in fulfilling their oversight obligations. Morningstar’s Legal Department oversees commercial contracting, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and the legal aspects of business and product initiatives and partners with the Compliance, Finance, Tax and Talent and Culture Departments. The Legal Department also coordinates and oversees Morningstar’s use of external counsel around the world.
The Role: This role sits within the existing General Corporate Group Legal team and may be based London or one of the other EMEA regional offices providing support to the EMEA entities. This role reports to the Head of EMEA Legal, currently based in London.
• Supporting the EMEA legal support function, providing advice to the local sales, sales excellence, product, business, finance, technology and customer services teams across the EMEA regulated and non-regulated entities
• Supporting, where applicable, contract management / procurement/ infosec or product licensing managers in the negotiation of contracts for the EMEA region
• Supporting the development of contractual and legal templates for use in the EMEA region which conform to global standards and supporting the implementation of the contract automation process in the region
• Supporting the provision of contract and legal training for sales, creation of FAQs and guidelines
• Liaising with the internal specialist lawyers and appropriate compliance staff on matters affecting the EMEA region such as data privacy, employment, insurance, IP licensing, corporate governance and regulation.
• Managing the instruction of external counsel where approved by the Head of EMEA Legal to deal with litigation or provide specialist legal advice.
• Ad hoc or “stretch projects” as required e.g. overseeing due diligence and providing support to the Head of EMEA Legal for local acquisitions / disposals.
• 2 years+ Post Qualification Experience with a valid practicing certificate.
• Experience of collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams to find practical solutions in contract negotiations
• Knowledge of UK and EU data privacy regulation
• Commercially minded with a pragmatic approach to identifying and managing risk
• Excellent analytical skills required, a robust team player who is proactive, innovative, flexible, and creative--capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines
• Good communicator with advanced oral, written presentation and organisational skills in English
• Another EU language desirable, but not necessary
• Excellent MS Office skills, self-sufficient in use of technology (experience of SalesForce or similar CRM system desirable)
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Solicitors 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Company/Commercial Solicitors 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Solicitors 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Intellectual Property Solicitors 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Regulatory/Compliance Solicitors 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)