Our client a prestigious Insurance Organisation require a Paralegal to join them on an initial 2-3 mth interim role and work with their highly regarded in-house legal team based in London. Your main responsibilities will be as follows:
* Monitoring the legal team mailbox into which potential personal data incidents are reported in accordance with the groups IT Security Policy;
* Negotiating NDAs (confidentiality agreements) where the group clients require them;
* Reviewing and negotiating data protection agreements which are required by the groups clients to reflect the group responsibilities under the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). This includes ensuring that: (i) the provisions are reasonable; (ii) the provisions are appropriate to the nature of the data processing (the group may be a processor, an individual controller or a joint controller in different circumstances); and (iii) the groups liability is appropriately limited.
* Conducting and circulating ad hoc legal research;
* Gathering documents for and conducting file reviews;
* Reviewing case files and documents in connection with claims or litigation;
* Marking up the groups standard legal documents;
* Updating and generating reports from a matter management system;
* Assisting and working with the legal team with ad hoc analysis and management reports;
* If candidate has language skills: ad hoc translations for internal use.
Ideally you will have qualified to at least LPC or newly qualified level with a desire to pursue a legal career in the consultancy or insurance sector. Former paralegal or insurance sector experience is not a pre-requisite but would be helpful, as would knowledge of the GDPR and/or proficiency in foreign languages. The successful candidate will be numerate with good IT skills and have a willingness to help support the lawyers in this busy legal team, which includes work of a UK and international nature.
Rate payable £20.00 PAYE + accrued holiday pay.
If you feel you have the suitable level of experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.