Non-Contentious Construction Lawyer - Ad hoc consultancy
Our client, a leading alternative legal service provider, are keen to speak with experienced Non-Contentious Construction Lawyers who would consider ad hoc consultancy work with a leading global law firm.
The successful candidate will be joining a highly regarded Construction Team to provide support on a number of non-contentious construction-based projects for high profile clients within the transport and infrastructure sector.
The role is to start ASAP on an ongoing basis for a flexible, ad-hoc hourly arrangement. As an average, the successful construction lawyer could expect to work between 35-40 hours per month, although this is not guaranteed. This would be a non-exclusive arrangement and can be undertaken alongside other projects/workstreams.
The role will have a heavy bias towards NECs drafting work, however, there may be the requirement to draft and negotiate other types of standard form construction and engineering contracts as well.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a Solicitor in England & Wales
- Upwards of 6 years' PQE focusing on construction law, predominantly non-contentious construction matters
- A broad range of non-contentious construction law experience gained in private practice or busy in house organisations
- Experience of drafting, negotiating, advising on and amending NECs
- Knowledge and experience of the transport infrastructure sector would be useful, but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Successful candidates can work fully remotely but should be based within England, Wales or Scotland.
Ideally candidates should be available immediately or at short notice
For further information, and a confidential conversation, please apply to Jennifer Pike at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com