Legal Counsel for M&A in Group Legal (m/f/d) #StandwithUkraine
Group Legal is the legal department of Allianz SE, the listed parent company of Allianz Group. We enable the sustainable growth of Allianz and as a control function ensure the regulatory and legal stability of the organization. With our diverse team of ca. 30 lawyers, we provide strategic legal advice to the senior management of Allianz SE and Group companies and assume responsibility for legal and regulatory matters of group-wide relevance.
The vacancy to be filled is within the Group Legal team "Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)".
In this position you will together with the experienced Group Mergers & Acquisitions team help to source, evaluate and execute M&A transactions for Allianz worldwide and in various business segments. During transactions, you will work with Allianz management teams, Allianz internal experts as well as external advisors. The job offers significant learning potential for those interested in developing expertise in international M&A with potential to quickly increase responsibility. In addition, you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen insights in various business segments of Allianz, especially insurance (life&health/non-life), asset management as well as strategically relevant acquisitions via Allianz X (being one of Allianz Group’s pillars to drive the digital transformation strategy).
- Structuring of complex and mainly international M&A and corporate venture transactions
- Advising various business teams within Allianz Group not only on the abovementioned type of transactions but also on joint ventures as well as co-investments, cooperation and bancassurance agreements
- Negotiation of transaction agreements and management of all legal matters throughout the transaction process from the due diligence and negotiation process to signing and completion, including co-ordination of external legal advisors as well as internal colleagues.
- Fully qualified lawyer with outstanding degree (German state exams "vollbefriedigend" or better or equivalent foreign qualification)
- Additional academic qualification useful (MBA, LLM or doctorate degree)
- Fluent business English required, German language skills useful
Experience & Key skills
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in M&A and venture capital in an international law firm, an international company or an investment fund
- Strong analytical problem solving, communication and negotiation skills
- Pronounced ability to work autonomously and to steer legal work-streams in M&A projects efficiently and pro-actively within pre-defined parameters (with evidenced track record)
- Distinct commercial understanding of transaction related strategic and economic correlations
- Proven team player across different cultures with ability to share skills and knowledge
- Openness and ability to familiarize with various legal systems
- Pragmatic approach; fast perceptive understanding; ability to quickly adapt to situations and challenges.
What we offer
We offer: Career development programs, Workwell@AllianzSE, Flexible working arrangements
Please submit your applications only via our online tool.
We support Ukrainian and Russian job-seeking refugees looking for a new job - your applications are welcome
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Great to have you on board. Let's care for tomorrow.
Note: Diversity of minds is an integral part of Allianz’ company culture. One means to achieve diverse teams is a regular rotation of Allianz Executive employees across functions, Allianz entities and geographies. Therefore, the company encourages its employees to have motivation in gaining varied skills from different positions and to collect experiences from across Allianz Group.