FANTASTIC IN-HOUSE OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMMERCIALLY MINDED CONSTRUCTION LAWYER
Permasteelisa is a leading global contractor in the design, engineering, project management, manufacture, installation and after-sales service of architectural envelopes. The Group brings its know-how and expertise to all projects, including in particular when dealing with special features buildings and advanced facades. Notable examples of our work include the Shard, Bloomberg, 22 Bishopsgate to name a few. The Group is present in 4 continents, with a network of 33 companies in 22 countries and 7 production plants.
We are now looking to appoint a bright and enthusiastic construction lawyer to the London-based UK Risk & Legal team providing services to Permasteelisa Group subsidiaries operating in the UK. Reporting to the Head of Risk & Legal, Permasteelisa (UK) Ltd, you will enjoy a broad role, which will include:
- Carrying out all contractual and legal work required in relation to the preparation, review, tendering, negotiation, agreement, administration, termination and settlement of contracts with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors and third parties;
- Providing legal and contractual advice and support to project managers, members of their teams, and officers within the Group;
- Participating in legal proceedings and alternative forms of dispute resolution;
- Developing your professional knowledge and skills relevant to the role and providing training internally where necessary;
- Building relationships across the risk and legal departments and the wider business as well as with external lawyers and contract and claims consultants; and
- Providing support to the head of the team to ensure the efficient operation of the legal function.
To succeed in this role, you will be a qualified construction solicitor and are likely to have between 3 and 5 years’ PQE, though candidates with more or less PQE will be considered.
In addition, you must demonstrate the ability to work with and understand the needs of busy sales and project teams; be a good team player though also able to work independently; and be commercially orientated, adaptable and have strong communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a close knit in-house legal team, where you will have the opportunity to make your mark and add genuine value. We offer a competitive salary, the standard benefits and will also cover your travel expenses.
For further information or to apply, please contact our exclusively retained consultants Sam Baker or Nick Creed at Baker Creed on 07879 406764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All direct or third party applications will be forwarded to Baker Creed for consideration.