In House Lawyer
Legal Counsel 1+ PQE - Bristol/Oxford/Home Working
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a commercial lawyer to join this technology focused business. Reporting directly to the Group General Counsel, part of a supportive and collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to work on some fantastic cutting-edge contracts. This role can be based in either their Bristol or Oxford office however the team are currently all working from home and they fully embrace flexible working, therefore candidates looking for roles with plenty of home working are encouraged to apply.
A Direct Message From The Group General Counsel
"If you are looking for a technology focused in-house role which offers an exciting variety of cutting-edge legal work in a dynamic digital environment combined with a genuine focus on work life balance, flexibility and inclusion - please apply to join us."
Your new role
This is a fast-paced role in a busy in-house legal team, dealing with a diverse range of commercial and legal issues. You will be responsible for providing legal support and assistance as directed by the Group General Counsel, whilst operating independently (under limited supervision) to deliver the following accountabilities:
* Advising on a full range of data privacy matters, including regulatory compliance, data governance, privacy impact assessments, contract remediation and GDPR compliance.
* Assisting with data protection in a contractual/transactional context for example, IT contracts, services agreements, complex transfers of data both intra-group and between third parties, data licensing, data sharing agreements and online terms. Reviewing, drafting and negotiation including IT /commercial drafting more generally but with the main focus on data protection and privacy work.
* Supporting the Group General Counsel and Senior Legal Advisers in delivering timely and commercially focused advice to the business and its subsidiaries, advising colleagues across all business areas, the executive leadership team and other senior management.
* Identify and provide advice on a broad range of legal issues and risks in a rapidly evolving and developing business environment, including working with external legal advisers and other members of the Legal team.
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and IT agreements as well as a broad range of business and commercial documentation.
* Reviewing and advising upon contract terms supplied by prospective customers and suppliers, assisting with tender bid submissions and reviews and drafting bespoke agreements for new projects and initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a qualified solicitor with at least 1 years post qualification experience, gained either in a law firm or in-house
- Broad commercial law experience, including drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, and previous experience of advising on data protection and privacy work.
- Relevant legal knowledge and experience of technology law including digital media, intellectual property, data and IT contracts.
- A commercial and "can do" approach.
What you'll get in return
A supportive and collaborative legal team, passionate about the work they do! My client wants to make sure their people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, they focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home where possible. They are always learning and developing. All their people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Their Benefits Are Great Too
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 days Christmas closure)
- Simply health - a health cash plan
- You have the option to join a very generous USS pension scheme
- They provide discounts on IT equipment, a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- They also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.