Lawyer - 12 Month FTC
Your new company
Our client is a large public organisation, seeking a lawyer to join their Pensions team based in Brighton.
Your new role
- You will join their large legal team that advises on policy and operational matters as well as conducting litigation, including where appropriate the instruction of Counsel
- You will provide advice and support on operational, policy and litigation matters to key stakeholders.
- Advise on operational and policy development.
- Identify, advise on, and escalate decisions that create unmanaged legal risk.
- Contribute to the Legal Services teams know how - sharing knowledge and actively participating in providing training
What you'll need to succeed
- A solicitor or barrister with a current practising certificate in England and Wales
- Good advocacy, negotiation, communication and persuasive skills
- It would be preferable to have experience of at least some of the following - the Parliamentary and legislative process (ii) working on big projects within the public sector (iii) providing pensions, commercial and/or regulatory law advice, (iv) devising and implementing a case strategy and (v) preparing cases for litigation
What you'll get in return
12 Month FTC with potential re internal perm opportunities, full time, civil pension and good work& life balance
Discretionary annual bonus arrangements and access to performance related pay progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.