In-House Legal Counsel Technology (German speaker) 3-6 PQE • Top World's Employer
We are working with a major technology company, one of the World’s Best Employers. Their EMEA legal team is looking to hire a talented German speaking lawyer. The role will suit someone with about 3-6 years of experience.
You can be based almost anywhere Germany. The legal team is spread across several locations.
HYBRID / REMOTE
You can work from one of the offices above or mostly remotely. Currently the team members prefer a hybrid model. They tend to meet once a month (although this is not mandatory); if you prefer to spend more time in the office, you are very welcome.
The role will support the German speaking markets, as part of wider European remit. The role reports directly to EMEA Legal Director who is a highly supportive and caring manager, focusing on the development and well-being of their team at all times.
- work closely with the business teams across several jurisdictions - responding to their requests, summarising and communicating legal risks, supporting partner organisations and drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with world’s largest enterprises (eg. sales agreements, pricing letters, non-disclosure agreements, software licensing cloud agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, IP and DP agreements and services agreements).
- engage in EMEA cross-functional projects as a legal subject-matter expert
- manage the flow of key information up to management chain and business clients
- analyse and resolve business and legal issues through clear, practical legal guidance
- contribute to team's efforts towards optimized processes
- deliver legal training
The role allows for flexibility. You can have a hybrid role focusing on other areas of work that are of interest to you - those are useful resources for the team.
As one of world’s best companies to work for, the business has a supportive and collaborative culture. 92% of employees are proud to tell others they work there. There is a strong focus around culture, integrity and respect for the individual – the atmosphere is trusting and empowering.
This legal team is known for its collegiality. There is great camaraderie at all levels, people are friendly and helpful and there is a very low level of politics.
The team is one of the pioneers in legal innovation and a benchmark for other legal teams. The systems and processes are set up in a way that highly qualified lawyers can focus on complex work, whilst admin and routine activities are either automated or outsourced to the support team.
There is constant sharing of information, knowledge and experience.
Legal counsels are viewed and respected as business enablers and strategic advisers to their executive teams.
Once you join, you will undergo industry leading initial in-house legal counsel training.
- You will be paired with a personal mentor who will help you navigate the organisation.
- Together with your manager you will create a personal learning and development plan. She will listen to what you would like to learn and will invest into that.
- You will be part of ongoing team training delivered by various legal subject matter experts (external and internal).
- You will take part in “Best practice” monthly sessions where your colleagues from across Europe will share their experiences.
- Once a quarter you will take part in wider EMEA level legal get-togethers + global training
- Every half year you will take part in one-week long training sessions for all of the legal team
- You will be able to select external courses of your choice paid by the company (not just legal - also for example privacy related, soft skills, leadership or languages).
The role will best suit a lawyer with about 3-6 years of PQE (post qualification experience). If you are a tech sector lawyer, this is fantastic, but any commercial lawyer is invited to apply - tech sector experience is not mandatory.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Competitive salary + bonus + best in class benefits
- An impressive employer name on your CV
- Career progression, development and opportunities at world class level
- Continuous training in legal topics delivered by subject matter experts
- Extra education paid for by the company
- Personal mentor
- Soft skills, leadership or language courses
- Innovative and people-centric culture, very comfortable to work in
- Opportunities to work abroad or move abroad permanently
- Excellent work-life balance and flexibility
Your recruiter is Mila Read, Director and in-house tech legal recruiter at Found Legal.
We have been supporting this client for over 5 years and will be able to answer your questions and best position you for the role. Once shortlisted, you will receive extensive guidance and help with preparation for every interview.
Not the right role?
If you are a technology lawyer open to a new role within the UK&I or Continental Europe, please get in touch for other opportunities.