Data Protection Lawyer
Arbuthnot Yon are working with a global technology business which is seeking to appoint a Lead Data Protection Lawyer / Data Protection Officer. Remotely based. Full or part time.
Our client operates at the cutting edge of technology, the business is growing rapidly and as such there is a requirement for a Data Protection Specialist / Data Protection Officer to join the business who will have responsibility for data protection issues affecting this global business.
Reporting into the European General Counsel, you will have exposure to all aspects of the business and day to day responsibility for data protection compliance in the UK and Europe. This is a varied position which touches upon all aspects of data protection encompassing advising on data protection issues and developing policies, processes, and providing training to the business. You will also be supported by a strong compliance, project management and info sec team who are well equipped to support the implementation of data protection policies and processes into the business leaving you to focus on strategic data protection issues.
Responsibilities include providing:
- Overseeing management of the data protection compliance programme, encompassing the data protection controls framework; data inventory; and processes for internal auditing, reporting/escalation of required actions, managing incidents/complaints and remediating issues.
- Development/enhancement and management of data protection law compliance policies, procedures and guidance.
- Delivery of training and workshops to internal colleagues.
- Support to customers of the business in relation to any data protection issues.
- Support and guidance to the business on queries covering all aspects of data protection law.
As this is a very interactive role that will see you working closely with commercial colleagues, it is suited to an individual with strong inter-personal and communication skills who enjoys building internal relationships, driving projects and stuck in!
We are keen to hear from individuals with at least 6 years’ experience gained in data protection, governance or law. Due to the growing nature of the business, there will also be an opportunity to develop your role in the future.
This is a great opportunity to work with a global cutting-edge business and gain some great experience.
Applications will be considered from candidates looking for both a full time and part time (3 plus days) role. This role can be undertaken remotely.
For further information please contact Victoria Moore at Arbuthnot Yon on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07971666134.