An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading law firm, based in the East Midlands, who are looking to recruit a Criminal Law Solicitor to join their Chesterfield office but work across the Derbyshire region.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Criminal Defence Lawyer to join a leading regional firm who have a strong, well regarded criminal law department.
In this role, you will have your own personal caseload of criminal defence cases and advise clients on a variety of criminal law matters
Ideally you will:
- Have a good amount of experience advising clients on criminal law matters;
- Have experience of representing clients at the Police Station and Magistrates court;
- Hold a completed Duty Solicitor Accreditation, although this is not essential and those working towards this accreditation will also be considered;
- Have excellent advocacy skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills together with strong organisational skills;
- Possess strong team working skills and also be able to work independently when needed;
- Have a professional attitude to work and always ensure that they are working in the best interests of your client;
- Be confident working independently but also thrive working as part of a team;
- Have excellent legal research skills and
- Be capable of using a case management system and other IT portals and programmes.
In return, the firm offer a competitive salary and benefits package including access to a pension scheme, additional payment for out of hours police station work, generous holiday entitlement, a commitment to professional training and family orientated employment practices, with genuine consideration for flexible working . Please click "apply" if this role is of interest or call CRA on 0114 241 8030 for further information.
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest.