Legal Counsel (Commercial) 12 month Maternity Cover
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
To provide legal support to The FA across a full range of commercial legal issues.
- Delivering practical legal advice across a full range of The FA's commercial legal requirements.
- Drafting and negotiating key commercial contracts for The FA's business, including broadcasting and sponsorship.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of other commercial contracts in all areas of The FA's business, including product licensing, funding agreements, event staging and venue hire, IT contracts, competition terms and conditions and supply/services agreements.
- General commercial legal work including providing advice on intellectual property issues, brand protection, finance arrangements and data protection.
- Executing additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Solid academic background and robust legal training.
- At least 4 years' PQE working as a qualified solicitor however candidates with relevant skills sets and qualifications will be considered regardless of PQE.
- Must be able to demonstrate a breadth of commercial legal knowledge gathered in a major law firm and/or corporate organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate clear, concise and practical written and oral legal advice, which includes drafting, negotiating and interpreting a range of contracts and ancillary documents (e.g. tenders).
- Able to cope with pressurised situations and tight timeframes whilst maintaining a professional approach.
- Previous in-house experience (for example, a secondment).
- Previous experience of sports law.
- Experience of drafting and negotiating broadcasting/media rights agreements.
- Experience of drafting and negotiating sponsorship agreements.
- Experience of intellectual property law.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.