Legal Executive Assistant
Our client, a global business, has a presence in 38 countries across six continents. The firm has over 12,000 employees and their mission is to use innovative developments for transport solutions. Based in the heart of the city of London, you will provide executive support to the Global General Counsel, the UK General Counsel. You will also support the UK Legal Team and act as a coordinator for both the Global and UK Legal & Compliance teams. The role also expands to support the Company Secretary and functioning of the UK Board Members.
- Management and coordination of calendars, scheduling of meetings, booking of rooms and other meeting logistics
- Preparing and circulation of documents in timely fashion.
- Minute taking
- Administration of engagement letters, purchase orders and other contractual documentation
- Support the Legal team in managing and developing legal templates and tools e.g. Powers of Attorney, Board Resolutions, purchase orders, invoices, standard contract templates, trainings etc
- Plan, arrange and book complex travel schedules and logistics for the General Counsels and for the team as necessary.
- Process travel expenses and manage holidays and absences
- Responsible for handling and dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Provide general administrative support including document management, shredding confidential information, identifying opportunities to streamline processes where possible.
- Train new and current team members (systems & processes) and address and resolve queries to a satisfactory conclusion, involving other teams/departments when required.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders; such as, IT, Finance, Sales, Marketing and Communications when required and ensure queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- Proven track record of working as a successful and proactive Executive Assistant to a General Counsel/Legal Director (or Board Director with significant legal involvement) or similar role in a law firm environment.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail, whilst being aware of the wider context in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly developed written communications skills with experience of report drafting; able to present complex information to different audiences, excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to exercise discretion regarding the handling and management of confidential or sensitive information.
- Flexible and adaptable to various competing demands and working hours to support the team during travel.
- An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment.
- Has capability to manage reasonably complex projects to a deadline without impacting on quality of day to day service.
- Excellent IT Skills including MS Office; Word (advanced), PowerPoint (advanced*), Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Exposure to Japanese or Italian culture
- Previous experience with working within a financial or legal environment
- Experience of working with a global / international remit.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Contact Sarita Rai for more information
T: 0203 826 1807