Legal Counsel UK (7-12 PQE) - Commercial
Responsible to: UK General Counsel
Job Function: Legal UK
The Legal Counsel UK will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of integrated commercially-focused legal solutions and support to the UK business to achieve its strategic objectives in a compliant manner.
The Legal Counsel UK will provide advice, guidance and support that enables the business to achieve its strategic mission in a way that minimizes legal and compliance risk for the business.
The role focuses mainly on general commercial advice to project tendering and contracts, sourcing and procurement, project execution and contract management.
- Supporting bidding, structuring, negotiation, contracting, procurement, contract execution, contract management and dispute resolution all as required, with a particular focus on sourcing and procurement.
- Working with cross-functional teams in the analysis of legal, commercial and reputational risks in relation to bidding and commercial negotiations and their mitigation and management.
- Helping to develop and deliver advice, training, templates and tools and processes to improve the standard of sourcing and procurement practices.
- Representing the Legal function on cross-functional teams, building relationships and counselling stakeholders on legal commercial and reputational risk, in a user-friendly and pragmatic manner.
- Helping to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, supporting the business on legal matters including contractual, commercial and corporate, litigation, regulatory compliance, contract management, document management, etc.
- Assisting as needed with corporate governance and approval requirements, company secretarial requirements, regulatory, litigation and disputes, intellectual property, real estate, and employment matters.
It is our expectation that applicants should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Law or equivalent, admitted to practice in a UK jurisdiction
- 7-12 years’ PQE in top tier international law firms or industrial companies
In addition, the successful candidate should be to demonstrate all of the attributes and skills listed below:
- Good knowledge of UK law and practice; familiar with common contracting schemes, especially sourcing and procurement.
- Good negotiation and risk management skills, able to operate at multiple levels including with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with UK corporate governance processes and regulations, and capability to deal with corporate documentation.
- Team player with good verbal and written communications skills, listening, willingness to learn, ability to work and communicate in a diverse global organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, strong at problem-solving and critical thinking, business and financial acumen.
- Absolute integrity and trustworthiness.
Contact Sarita Rai for more information
T: +44 203 826 1807