Sole In House Legal Counsel
Your new company
A global company, our client are industry leaders and well known for their futureproof solutions. They are currently looking for a sole legal counsel to join their team and have full responsibility for the UK and Ireland business; this is a first time appointment for them and has come about due to business growth.
Reporting directly to the Chief Legal Officer, you will be responsible for providing pragmatic legal advice and assistance to the sites based in the UK and Ireland. The role will form part of the Group's legal team and gives the opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders across functions and countries worldwide. Some overseas travel will be required (travel restrictions permitting!), likely once a quarter. Our client are happy for the successful candidate to work flexibly however as the role is based in their Bristol office it is likely that you will live within commuting distance of Bristol. Free parking is available on site.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assess and advise on liabilities and legal restrictions and risks of proposed transactions in the UK and Ireland and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet the commercial needs of the business.
- Assist the local business teams in UK and Ireland with a variety of matters in relation to the business (including but not limited to contract review, planning and permitting, disputes and litigations).
- Advise the local business teams in the UK and Ireland of any significant legislative changes
- Management of corporate housekeeping formalities relating to all legal entities located in UK and Ireland.
- Selection and management of external legal services providers
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in non-contentious commercial contracts with excellent contract drafting skills; candidates with experience in construction law, or with other language skills would be a bonus. Previous in-house experience would be preferred however candidates coming from a private practice background are also welcomed. This is an autonomous role therefore you will also have the ability to work independently in a proactive manner across multiple jurisdictions and with multiple stakeholders . Part-time applications will be considered however four days per week would be the minimum requirement.
What you'll get in return
This presents as a rare opportunity that will provide you with the chance to challenge yourself whilst progressing your legal career in a supportive and growing global business. Your will also receive a competitive salary, and a range of other benefits, including a competitive car allowance and pension contribution. Please contact Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal for further information on this opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career