Head of Compliance & Risk - Payments Sector
About the Role
Our client is responsible for processing payments in the United Kingdom (UK) under a licence from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). As a licensed financial institution, the firm’s risk management and compliance frameworks are key for meeting its stringent compliance obligations. This role is crucial for ensuring that these are adequately implemented and maintained.
What You’ll Do
The Head of Risk & Compliance heads the second line of defence, is a member of the Board and within the Board responsible for the overall management of operational, financial and compliance risks. The Head of Risk & Compliance reports into the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer in Europe.
In summary, the responsibilities of the Head of Risk & Compliance are:
- Ultimately responsibility for overall risk management, as well as Customer Due Diligence, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing programs and ensuring compliance with regulations, good practices by regulators and other relevant prudential requirements applicable.
- Establish and maintain relationship and communication with regulators.
- Finding the right balance of managing robust systems and controls, with enabling business goals.
- Motivating and leading a risk and compliance team to put a robust risk framework into practice, managing escalations and syndicate compliance across the organisation.
- Building and maintaining effective controls, incident response and management thereof.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with risk owners in other areas.
- Maintaining strong relationships with other leadership roles in the UK, as well as with the leadership team.
- Ensuring that Customer Due Diligence is conducted according to industry best practice.
- Staying abreast of legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect operations.
- Managing and executing reporting and making recommendations; and identifying compliance risks associated with the business activities. Follow up on resolution of compliance issues that may arise.
- Managing the service provision of risk and compliance processes.
Background / Competences
- Experience relevant (>10 years) for leading a risk and compliance function in a regulated financial institution in the UK or in an international setting (e-money or payment services provider are a plus).
- Experience with risk management and compliance management.
- Experience with managing intra-group and/or external outsourcing relationships.
- Experience in leading a risk and compliance function, motivating team members, syndicating and championing the importance of risk & compliance management as an enabler of sustainable business growth.
- A passion for developing innovative risk and compliance solutions whilst being a pragmatic partner to internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to acting with integrity, with high personal work standards.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements related to operations and exposure to -having worked with- regulatory organisations (such as FCA).
- Great communicator, quick thinker and confident in decision making.
- Fluency in English.
Contact Hannah Bush for more information
T: 0203 826 1808