Data Privacy/Commercial Legal Counsel, Full or Part-time
Engineering Group seeks to recruit a Data Privacy and Commercial lawyer to work in the commercial team of a large legal department. Full or part time working will be considered, as will hybrid working.
The role sits in a small commercial team, part of a larger legal team, which handles a range of general commercial advice and contracts. In this role you will lead on data privacy and protection issues across the business and work will include the following:
- supporting and advising across the group on data protection laws including GDPR and handling consumer data
- providing data privacy advice to add value and help deliver transformational business projects that comply with privacy and data protection laws
- overseeing data protection audits, reviews and assessments
- supporting your colleagues on broader commercial advice and contracts where required, particularly in regard to IT and telecoms
We are looking for:
- A UK qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum of 2 years PQE*
- Well regarded law firm or inhouse experience, preferably within a similar sector (infrastructure/construction/energy/utilities/engineering)
- Significant data protection law experience
- Ideally experience in general commercial contracts
- Strong interpersonal, commercial and team skills
- Experience in supporting and mentoring more junior lawyers
- Confident and able to work with senior management
If you are interested in this Data Privacy and Commercial Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.