In House Commercial Lawyer West Midlands 4-7 PQE
Commercial Lawyer circa 4-7 years' PQE - West Midlands.
Do you want to join a top rank employer, working in a highly commercial environment on multi-million pound contracts with the businesses main customers, who are the biggest names in construction and housebuilding?
This business is at the forefront of ensuring the nation builds more ‘green’ homes and this is an excellent opportunity to join a business which holds many widely recognised and respected brands within their portfolio.
Reporting directly into the Head of Legal, you will provide the business with practical legal advice on a range of commercial legal, governance and compliance issues.
This varied role encompasses the following:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and reporting on a wide range of high value commercial contracts (e.g. customer and supplier agreements, IT, indirect procurement).
- Work in conjunction with the rest of the team to improve efficiencies through Legal Ops, including automation, playbook management and providing training to non-legal parts of the business.
- Leading, supporting and collaborating with a range of colleagues to meet the business's legal needs, providing commercial and pragmatic solutions at pace in a complex environment, to inform and promote business goals and ensure legal compliance.
- Providing strategic and legal support to material disputes, litigation and/or regulatory issues (managing external lawyers when required).
- Building and maintain key relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
This position would be suited to a commercial lawyer with experience in-house (ideally with a large organisation) who wants more variation and scope for progression in a meritocracy, or an ambitious private practice lawyer who wants to transition into the world of in-house with a hands on role with fantastic development opportunities.
The business offers flexible working as well as a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a car allowance, healthcare and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
Apply for In House Commercial Lawyer West Midlands 4-7 PQE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly