Assistant Legal Counsel 0-2 PQE, Global Group
International manufacturing business and recognised brand seeks an Assistant Legal Counsel to support the UK business legal requirements with a particular focus on company/commercial matters. This is an opportunity for a junior lawyer to receive excellent training and development to become an in-house Legal Counsel.
- Reporting into the Legal Director & UK Group Secretary as part of a global team
- Advising the business on a broad range of legal issues focusing on company commercial, contract, property, litigation, and intellectual property.
- Drafting, interpreting, advising, and negotiating commercial contracts, terms and conditions, sponsorship agreements, licensing agreements and distribution agreements
- Assisting the Legal Director with Company Secretarial duties for the UK subsidiaries
- Managing and liaising with external advisors
- Supporting the Compliance Officer as and when required
We are looking for:
- You will be a recently or soon to be qualified solicitor with some experience of working with commercial contracts
- A knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures is important
- Experience working directly with customers or in a manufacturing environment would be a benefit
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Pragmatic approach with enthusiasm to manage a varied caseload
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
Package on Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- 33 days holiday pa (inclusive of bank holidays and based on working 5 days per week)
- Extensive employee discount scheme
Our client will consider flexible working including home working.
If you are interested in this Assistant Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.