Regulatory Legal Counsel – Natural Resources
Household name group seeks to recruit a Regulatory Legal Counsel. This could suit a solicitor, barrister or legal executive. Our client will consider a full or part-time role.
Working as part of a specialist team within the group legal team who advise the business across a broad range of information and regulatory matters, raising commercial awareness within the business, overseeing statutory duties and taking early action. This could be either non-contentious or contentious matters or a mix of both.
These could include:
- Environmental law
- Information law
- Data protection
- Health and safety
- Competition and anti-bribery
- Highways and transport
- Prosecutions – running and defending
We are looking for:
- A Regulatory Lawyer with significant legal experience in some of the areas above
- Qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive
- Inhouse experience, preferably within a similar sector (energy, utilities, infrastructure, construction, engineering) or with a well-regarded law firm advising similar businesses
- Self-sufficient and able to hit the ground running
- Strong interpersonal, commercial and team skills
- Confident and able to work with senior management
Package on Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent pension scheme
- Health & dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Enhanced annual leave
- Product discounts
- Free gym and parking
Our client will consider flexible working including home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel to the office a few days a week.
If you are interested in this Regulatory Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.