Associate Lawyers, UK based (Engineering & Construction), 2+PQE
Our client is an international consultancy offering their Lawyers a genuinely inspirational opportunity to work on projects that are intellectually stimulating and rewarding. There is also a lot of opportunity for flexibility too, making this an ideal position for a Lawyer who may be looking for more remote working and who may like to be based anywhere within the UK.
Our client seeks to recruit 3 Lawyers to join the teams for project work related to Buildings, Bridges, Energy, Environment, Infrastructure, Transport & Water. These are newly created positions to support ongoing growth, offering specialism if there is an appetite to do so.
Working as part of a legal team of 9 these roles offer a flat structure ensuring all Lawyers have the opportunity to be involved in all cycles of a projects.
You will report into the Head of Commercial and also have open lines of communication with Partners with first-hand access to information regarding the cycle of projects and providing support with commercial negotiations across the business.
Ideally, you will be a Lawyer whose experience is within engineering & construction law. You will:
- Be an Associate Lawyer qualified in England & Wales with a minimum of 2 years of engineering and/or construction experience.
- Be a Lawyer qualified in another jurisdiction with a minimum of 2 years of engineering and/or construction experience here in the UK. You must also have the rights to live and work in the UK.
- Be a more experienced Lawyer who is a strong negotiator with similar commercial experience outlined below and seeking to transition that experience into engineering and construction.
- Have prior experience of reviewing and negotiating contracts such as Lateral Warranties, NDAs, Scope Documents, Letters of Award, Consultancy Agreements, Sub-Contractor Agreements, Collaboration Agreements, Framework Agreements and other legally binding commercial agreements.
- Provide ongoing support regarding commercial negotiations in general or to tackle any arising issues.
- Work with other business services teams and provide ad-hoc legal advice as required.
- Assist Lawyers working on contentious matters, providing appropriate information as required. There is also an opportunity to be more involved with contentious matters should there be an appetite in this respect.
- Support the business by implementing processes and procedures as required.
You will also:
- Enjoy a position that offers a diverse range of international consultancy services from cradle to grave.
- Want to work as part of a team and you are collaborative by nature.
- Have great organisational and communication skills.
- Enjoy being pro-active and taking on responsibility when required.
- Seek a position that is intellectually rewarding.
- Put an emphasis on delivering a high quality of service.
- Thrive in an environment that is fast paced and at times require you to work under pressure.
On top of your base salary, you will receive a car allowance, discretionary bonus, health & life insurance and pension. A travel allowance is also offered to support any travel as required.
To express your interest, please send your CV to email@example.com. All applications and conversations are strictly private & confidential.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com