Lead Securities Finance Lawyer, EMEA, Global financial services institution
A leading financial services firm, is looking to Head of Securities Finance Legal within their London office to lead the securities finance division.
You will be the lead lawyer, operating autonomously and advising key people in the business at the senior level on a variety of matters
- Provide legal and regulatory advice, on securities finance products
- Negotiate key securities finance documents, such as GMRAs, GMSLAs, tri-party agreements, giving netting legal opinions and authorisation agreements
- Advising regulations such as EMIR, MiFID, SFTR as well as analysing and assessing the impact of developments in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Assisting with the development of new products/projects/initiatives (including defining the legal requirements, advising the business on legal risks and the drafting relevant legal documentation).
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ year’s PQE.
- Experience within a top city law firm, and/or In-House at a financial services organisation
- Experience with regulatory legislation/change including: MIFID/MIFIR, EMIR, etc would be ideal.
- Knowledge of securities finance/lending products and documentation would be ideal
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
* Candidates outside the PQE range with the prerequisite experience would be considered for this opportunity