Senior Legal Counsel (Group Corporate Finance)
Senior Legal Counsel (Group Corporate Finance) - Exciting in-house opportunity with the largest bank in the UAE
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
We are actively seeking ambitious and talents Senior Legal Counsels to join the UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest financial institutions. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, First Abu Dhabi Bank’s international network is spread across the world, providing global relationships, expertise, and financial strength to support local, regional, and international businesses seeking to do business at home and abroad. We are committed to put customers first, to Grow Stronger and support the growth ambitions of our stakeholders across countries in which the bank operates. This is a successful and growing financial institution that offers excellent exposure to an impressive array of both regional and global clients.
The role assists the Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance manage legal risk in all the geographies where FAB operates in relation to its ECM, Corporate Advisory and Securities Services business in accordance with FAB Group legal policies and procedures. The role holder should be able to work autonomously, but should seek the Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance’s input on unusual situations, complex matters, and issues which may pose significant legal, financial and/or reputational risk to FAB Group
- Reviews, comments, and negotiates deal documentation for the full range of ECM equity financing structures including initial public offerings, rights issues, secondary offerings, equity bridge financing, private placements etc.
- Supporting the Securities Services Business with their issuer services offerings such as IPO & rights issue receiving bank services, AGM administration services and fund administration services.
- Reviews, comments, and negotiates deal documentation for the full range of Corporate advisory/M&A documentation.
- Exposure to debt capital markets, general corporate lending (bilateral & syndicated loans) is a key advantage.
- Assist the Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance and work with external counsel and the business in relation to Global Corporate Finance transactions.
- Assist the business with rolling out new products and services.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Master’s degree in law is preferred
- Qualified in the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia or European jurisdiction
- Minimum of 7/8 years’ experience in a reputed bank or law firm, with at least 2 years in a similar role
This opportunity is suitable for an ambitious Legal Counsel who is looking for a step-up from the current role or a talented Senior legal counsel looking to switch into something challenging, it offers an excellent long-term career and team environment with one of the World’s largest financial Institutions, based in Abu Dhabi with its year-round sunshine, great beaches, and fabulous tax benefits.
Kindly follow the link to apply to this role along with your updated resume/CV - https://smrtr.io/6QbRq