Senior Legal Counsel (Private Banking)
Senior Legal Counsel (Private Banking) – Exciting in-house opportunity with the largest bank in the UAE
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
We are actively seeking ambitious and talents Senior Legal Counsels to join the UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest financial institutions. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, First Abu Dhabi Bank’s international network is spread across the world, providing global relationships, expertise, and financial strength to support local, regional and international businesses seeking to do business at home and abroad. We are committed to put customers first, to Grow Stronger and support the growth ambitions of our stakeholders across countries in which the bank operates. This is a successful and growing financial institution that offers excellent exposure to an impressive array of both regional and global clients.
The role assists the Head of Legal – Consumer and Private Banking manage legal risk in all the geographies where the FAB Group operates in relation to payments activities in accordance with FAB Group legal policies and procedures. The role holder should be able to work autonomously but should seek the Head of Legal – Consumer and Private Banking’s input on unusual situations, complex matters, and issues which may pose significant legal, financial and/or reputational risk to the FAB Group.
- Assists the Head of Legal – Consumer and Private Banking and the business with developing and rolling out new wealth-related products and services.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates wealth-related documents (e.g. investment documentation, platform agreements, distribution agreements, etc).
- Assists the Head of Legal – Consumer and Private Banking in managing potential disputes and customer complaints in the UAE and abroad.
- Makes recommendations for improvements to policies and processes and streamlining the same to bring about efficiency and improve turn-around time.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Strong English communication and drafting skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate in Arabic is beneficial but not mandatory
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a reputed bank or law firm, with at least 2 years in a similar role
- Familiarity with wealth management products and services
- Familiarity with other retail banking products and services is beneficial but not mandatory
- Familiarity with UAE laws and regulations is preferred
This opportunity is suitable for an ambitious Legal Counsel who is looking for a step-up from the current role or a talented Senior legal counsel looking to switch into something challenging, it offers an excellent long-term career and team environment with one of the World’s largest financial Institutions, based in Abu Dhabi with its year-round sunshine, great beaches, and fabulous tax benefits.
Kindly follow the link to apply to this role along with your updated resume/CV - https://smrtr.io/6QVjD