Senior In-House Legal Counsel (Technology) • 12 months maternity cover
Senior In House Legal Counsel
Choice of locations within the UK
My client is a major global IT company whose legal team is looking for an experienced technology lawyer to join their team on a fixed time contract (employed directly by the business) as maternity cover. The team is always growing so transition to permanent role is very likely.
The role can be based out of one of their hubs across the UK: London, Thames Valley, Bristol, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, York, Leeds, Liverpool. You can also work fully remotely if you prefer to be home based.
You will have a passion for drafting and negotiating complex and large technology agreements. You know how to balance between commercial and legal stakes, as well as identify and clearly communicate any legal risks. You are able to work independently, driven by a need to make the complex simple and with an excellent legal judgement and business mindset.
The role will involve daily exposure to the business teams and senior management.
You are keen to join a multinational organisation which believes in promoting a collaborative and inspiring work environment.
The business is recognised as one the world's top 20 employers.
There is an attractive package on offer, as well as a lot of flexibility and autonomy. The team is great with friendly and supportive colleagues. The hiring manager is a caring individual and a highly competent lawyer who gives a lot of room to grow and is keen to help you succeed.
Day-to-day responsibilities include drafting, negotiating and interpreting a wide variety of commercial issues and technology contracts agreements with corporate customers, varying in nature, complexity and value. Corporate clients are major household names including FTSE50 organisations.
You will work on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages, right through to final negotiation, escalation to senior leadership and dealing with any post signature issues.
Other responsibilities include assessing legal risks and providing general advice to the business. You will work closely with the sales and delivery teams and support them in the bidding processes and commercial negotiations.
- We are looking for a mid to mid-senior lawyer with at least 5+ years PQE gained in private practice or in-house position in a multinational corporation, specialised in IT contracts and with excellent contract drafting skills
- You can be qualified in the UK, Ireland or EU - with experience working under the UK law
- You are able to work independently, make good judgement calls and you are proactive in driving negotiations to a success.
- You have a drive to truly understand the commercial and technological aspects of the business as a pro-active and hands-on lawyer.
- You enjoy giving concise and to-the-point legal advice, proactive and results driven
What you can expect in return
- Above market salary, bonus and benefits (we can discuss in more detail)
- Complex and interesting work
- Real progress in your career with a opportunity to grow and become manager of others in the future (this is the path of most legal team members here)
- High degree of trust and autonomy whilst being part of a collaborative team
- Excellent office locations with great transport links
- Remote working for UK based candidates (you can work from home all the time or come to the office if preferred)
Your contact for this opportunity is Mila Read.
Please apply below, via Found Legal website or reach out to Mila on LinkedIn.
We have been working closely with the hiring team for 2 years and will be able to answer your questions, best position you for the role and support you throughout the recruitment process with the aim or securing an excellent offer.
About Found Legal
Found Legal is a specialist in-house tech legal recruitment agency. We focus on placing the top 15% of legal talent into technology companies across the UK&I, Europe and the Middle East.
If the role / location is not quite the right fit, please reach out to Mila Read or register via our website to be notified of other opportunities.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Information Technology In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Insurance/Reinsurance In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Intellectual Property In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Media/Entertainment/Sport In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)