Legal Counsel– Global IT Business – Yorkshire – 0-4PQE
An exciting opportunity has arisen within this Global information solutions company. IT and Financial Services based, this company is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their team providing practical and expert legal advice, working on complex and sensitive matters. Providing specialist data protection advice and taking a proactive approach to address legal and regulatory risk issues, this role will enhance the service of the legal team.
- You will support the wider business with general advice and guidance
- Draft, review and negotiate general commercial agreements
- Review and assist with amendments to the businesses standard terms, corporate policies and processes.
- Provide data protection advice, taking a proactive approach to identify and address legal and regulatory risks facing the business
We are looking for:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Qualified Lawyer NQ – 4years PQE*
- Knowledge/experience in commercial law
- A grounding in data protection and FCA regulation (preferred)
- In-House experience i.e. secondments (desirable but not essential)
Our client will consider flexible working including home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel.
If you are interested in this Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to William Barton. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.