Deputy Company Secretary (FT/PT & hybrid working)
I am exclusively instructed by my client who seeks a deputy company secretary to provide company secretarial services to the European arm of this international business. The successful individual will maintain accurate records for company secretarial information and documents and manage all related co sec issues, as well as supervising the co sec assistant.
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the role is wide and varied but examples of responsibilities include:
- Ensuring Company secretarial reporting and compliance for the UK companies is completed accurately within statutory time limits and the registers are current and up to date.
- Supervising the role of Company Secretarial Assistant ensuring they are motivated, understand their role and responsibilities, managing and assessing their performance against corporate values on an on-going basis.
- Maintaining and updating company information and constitutional documents for all EU companies and funds and obtaining regular updates from each local office.
- Incorporating new UK companies and limited partnerships as required.
- Managing all new appointments and resignations of directors and officers.
- Management of UK company shares, issuing of new certificates and dividend payments.
- Preparing resolutions and minutes for approvals, dividend payments, adoption of new articles, share premium cancellation, etc.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports
The successful individual will work very closely with and provide support to the Legal team and Compliance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation which prides itself on truly living its core values and being a respectful and principled place to work, also putting those values front and centre in relation to its customers.
The ideal candidate will have prior exposure to a broad variety of company secretarial work and ICSA or an equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential. Attention to detail, strong organisational skills and a sense of humour would be all be key qualities for the successful person.
Remuneration package will be bespoke to the chosen individual and will include a range of benefits including generous pension, family private health and subsidised gym membership. The organisation is happy to offer a hybrid home and office working pattern on a full time or part time basis.
To learn more about this opportunity please send your CV to Adele Callaghan or email me to arrange a call to discuss the role.