3 days left
- Experience Level
- Mid Level
A London-based real estate company is looking to appoint its first lawyer due to major growth in 2021 with this expected to continue in 2022.
This role will focus on general commercial advice and also advise on a variety of topics including commercial contracts, leases, property law, partnership agreements, IP, data privacy and compliance.
Reporting into the CFO, responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic legal advice to help achieve the company's commercial objectives, whilst managing risk and ensuring compliance with governance requirements;
- Leading negotiations on partnership agreements with real estate partners;
- Leading legal documentation of agreements with operational partners;
- Working closely with external lawyers on leases and other property deals, including negotiating and drafting agreements;
- Handling litigation matters with the assistance of external counsel;
- Assisting with construction and other supplier contracts;
- Advising on GDPR compliance and data privacy compliance matters.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years PQE in the UK (or other relevant jurisdiction);
- Broad-ranging commercial background, ideally with a focus on real estate, commercial agreements, partnership agreements and technology;
- Real estate sector experience would be beneficial;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify the key legal and business considerations and provide targeted, pragmatic and solutions-driven advice and recommendations;
- Self-motivated, proactive and confident with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to drive initiatives forward to conclusion.
Apply now, or email Amy.Pfeifer@RobertWalters.com for a copy of the job description and to discuss further.
Apply for Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly