Senior Construction Litigation Associate - 5 PQE+, Reading
New! - our client is a leading Legal 100 firm with an outstanding reputation for construction, engineering, and infrastructure matters. Due to growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Senior Construction Associate (5 PQE+) to lead on several high value and complex disputes and projects based in their Reading office. The team has multiple fee-earners and partners ranked as Tier-1 and you will need to have adjudication; arbitration and litigation experience in the TCC as well as the ability to provide commercial advice at an early stage.
The focus of this role will be to assist with a wide range of construction disputes, acting for both commercial, institutional and private clients.
The main responsibilities will typically include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of industry-specific and general commercial contracts between the different parties involved in a project.
- Acting for a variety of clients including builders, property developers, architects, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, landowners and more.
- Working closely with legal professionals of other disciplines including finance, property and regulatory to ensure due diligence is carried out, funding is secured etc.
- Liaising and negotiating with civil authorities to obtain planning permission and building approvals.
- Guiding clients through various forms of dispute resolution, up to and including litigation, when contracts are breached, payments are not made, injuries sustained, and other issues arise around the project. Advising on health and safety, insurance, liability and environmental matters relating to each project.
You can expect to advise employers: construction professionals; contractors and sub-contractors which will bring exposure across a broad range of matters. Business development and marketing activity is encouraged at all levels. Typical disputes include: interim and final payments disputes; professional negligence claims; and issues of delay and defective works.
You will be able to demonstrate training and experience from a recognised regional or city firm with an established construction practice.
The Litigation Department deals with a wide range of contentious matters including commercial disputes, property litigation (general and landlord and tenant), insurance, construction and engineering, judicial review, trusts (both commercial and private) and estates, insolvency and intellectual property. Although contentious and non-contentious construction are based in different departments, the teams work closely together and regularly cross refer work. Experience of, and an interest in, non-contentious work would therefore be a distinct advantage.
An attractive financial package is on offer + career progression framework / partnership track.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Construction Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Energy Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Insurance/Reinsurance Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire
- PPP/PFI/Commercial projects Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire