Employment Counsel (4-7 PQE) - London
1 day left
- Experience Level
- Mid Level
Our client is a global media and technology company.
Our client is one of the United States’ largest video, high-speed Internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the XFINITY brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It provides security and automation services to residential customers. They also offers a wireless cell phone service under the brand Xfinity Mobile. The company has 29 million customer relationships in the United States (39 states and Washington, D.C.)
Our client also own another business which is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. They own and operate a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment broadcast and cable television networks and brands.
We are looking for a mid-level lawyer to assist with a variety of employment law related matters for the businesses dynamic and growing international businesses. In particular, you will review, revise and negotiate legal agreements relating to the business, provide legal research and general legal guidance, and assist the International Legal Team on a broad range of employment and compliance related projects.
You are a gifted lawyer who appreciates the complexity of business and legal matters as well as the subtlety of employment law related matters across international jurisdictions, is capable of identifying potential legal issues, enjoys the intellectual challenges of understanding and finding legal solutions to complex legal matters, and consistently strives for excellence. While a demonstrated background managing employment law issues is essential, the company expects you to provide advice based on a nuanced understanding of its business and its products, and to propose the best solution for a problem - not simply the best “legal" solution.
- Counsel and advise the business's various international businesses with respect to employment law matters, including, without limitation, individual and group terminations, working time regulations, health and safety compliance, and works council / labour issues.
- Draft, review, update, and negotiate (as appropriate) employment agreement templates, employee handbooks, and other agreements and policies.
- Help businesses evaluate the employment law landscape in new jurisdictions for potential expansion.
- Assist with integration activities post-M&A activity.
- Perform legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and recommend the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case. Consult with outside counsel to resolve issues in non-routine matters.
- Stay attuned to relevant developments in international employment laws and provide proactive updates to leadership.
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales (other European jurisdictions may also be considered)
- Undergraduate and legal practice qualifications degrees from accredited institutions.
- Minimum 4-7 years’ post qualification experience, either gained in-house legal or at a reputable law firm.
- Employment law experience, including responsibility for legal issues relating to Works Councils, employee data issues, transfer of employees (including TUPE).
- Self-starter, who possesses excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify matters requiring escalation to senior members of the legal team, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product.
- Ability to support a fast-paced entrepreneurial business.
Contact Sarita Rai for more information
T: 0203 826 1807
Apply for Employment Counsel (4-7 PQE) - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly