Senior Attorney (12m Mat Cover) - Litigation & Regulatory - Global Retailer
Our client is seeking an Interim Senior Attorney (Litigation and Regulatory Counsel) (Maternity Cover) to join the Legal Department to support their European business.
This position will report to the Vice President of Legal in Europe. However, the successful candidate will also be a member of the clients global litigation and regulatory team and will have regular contact with the US-based lawyers in that team.
The Senior Attorney will be responsible for:
- Managing all UK and European litigation matters;
- Advising and supporting the business on a wide range of contentious and regulatory matters, including intellectual property issues, corporate and social compliance, trade and regulatory compliance, and consumer protection; and
- Managing external counsel in the UK and across Europe as required.
The position provides an opportunity to work with talented individuals across the business, ranging from Buying, Product Development and Marketing to Finance, Information Technology and Store Operations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Significant post-qualification litigation experience in a recognised law firm or in-house
- Strong academic credentials
- Self-motivated and accustomed to operating at a high level in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Experience providing legal advice that is commercial and practical as well as legally sound
- Comfortable managing and prioritising multiple matters simultaneously – ranging from complex to straightforward
- Capable of building and maintaining a network of effective working relationships, both internally and externally
Contact Sarita Rai for more information
T: 0203 826 1807