Senior Attorney (6m FTC) - Commercial - Global Retailer
Client: Global retailer
Reporting to: Assistant Vice President of Legal in Europe
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on an extremely broad range of commercial contracts for the purchase of goods and services not for re-sale in support of all Departments and Functions of the European business and a busy procurement team.
- Providing contract support for capital or strategic business projects.
- Providing European contract support for US lead global transactions.
- Advising on ad hoc legal issues arising within the course of business.
- On-going template development, process improvement and training.
- Managing external counsel in the UK and European jurisdictions as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Significant PQE experience (ideally 5+) in a recognised law firm and/or a major in-house position.
- Capable of building and maintaining a network of effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated and accustomed to operating at a high level in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Comfortable taking responsibility for core areas of work and acting as the subject matter expert.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the Company and externally and to influence others to achieve results.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent commercial awareness and a pro-active and organised approach with the ability to appropriately identify and prioritize tasks and a pragmatic and commercial attitude to the facilitation of contracts and other legal work.
Contact Sarita Rai for more information
T: +44 203 826 1807