In-House Legal Counsel, Full or Part-time
Household name Plc seeks to recruit a commercial or construction lawyer to work in the commercial team of a large legal department.
The role sits in a small commercial team, part of a larger legal team handling a range of general commercial advice and contracts. You will support the business across a broad range of commercial legal advice, some very complex. Work could therefore be scoped to your legal skills and could include any of the following:
- General commercial contracting: T&Cs, consultancy, procurement
- Construction and engineering
- Claims and disputes
- IT and data protection
We are looking for:
- A UK qualified solicitor or barrister with around 3-6 years PQE*
- Well regarded law firm or inhouse experience, preferably within a similar sector (infrastructure/construction/energy/utilities/engineering)
- Commercial or construction law experience in some of the above specialist areas
- Strong interpersonal, commercial and team skills
- Experience in supporting and mentoring more junior lawyers
- Confident and able to work with senior management
This role can be undertaken remotely with some office travel.
If you are interested in this Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.