LEGAL COUNSEL, MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT
MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER
NQ-4 YRS PQE
STREAMING & ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
A leading streaming and entertainment group that covers live sports, movies, series as well as music and original shows has a fantastic opportunity for a Media & Entertainment Lawyer to join them as a Legal Counsel.
As a Legal Counsel for this vibrant, upbeat and passionate company, you will report to the Head of Legal and will be part of the Group Content Legal & Business Affairs team which negotiates and contracts Scripted Originals, Studio Acquisitions and Sports Rights for exploitations across Europe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Senior Counsel to support the Content Acquisition Team by drafting, reviewing and negotiating acquisition agreements with Studios and other international distributors
- Supporting the Content Distribution Team by drafting, reviewing and negotiating acquisition distribution agreements
- Supporting the Originals team on the Originals programme portfolio including the negotiation and drafting of underlying Distribution Agreements for Originals titles.
- Analysing, articulating and advising various content partners on issues related to acquisition and distribution agreements
THE IDEAL APPLICANT:
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have the following:
- Hold the necessary qualifications to practice as a solicitor in the UK
- Demonstrable experience as legal counsel in the media and entertainment industry either in-house or within a media focused law firm
- Have an excellent understanding of the international media distribution and acquisition industry
- Excellent drafting and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of copyright laws in the UK and EU
- Ability to work effective in a fast-paced and varied environment