Property Litigation Associate - NQ+, Surrey
New! - our client is a leading Legal 100 firm with a pre-eminent reputation for all property litigation matters. Due to growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Property Litigation Associate (NQ+) to join their Surrey team and advise across a broad range of contentious property matters. The firm work with major blue chip clients including recognised names in commercial property and you can expect early client contact.
The successful individual can expect to advise investors; developers; landlords; retailers and significant public sector bodies. The firm promotes working from home flexibility and their modern office is ideally situated for easy commuting. Recognised for their collegiate culture and transparent career progression framework, the firm regularly attracts individuals from other respected firms in the city and region.
The real estate department handles a broad range of real estate work across different sectors and includes teams dedicated to real estate dispute resolution, construction and environmental law. The real estate disputes team sits within the department and handles the full scope of property litigation work including:
- Full range of commercial landlord and tenant work – including 1954 Act renewals and disputes; dilapidations; consents; rent reviews; break notices; forfeiture and possession;
- Development disputes and other contractual disputes relating to commercial and residential property;
- Easements, covenants and boundary disputes and advice;
- Land ownership including adverse possession and co-ownership claims;
- Insolvency matters with a property angle;
- Extensive advice on property issues arising from COVID-19.
- Litigation in the High Court and County Court as well as the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber); mediations and other forms of ADR.
Clients include mid-tier businesses (whether quoted or owner-managed), household name PLCs and other major international groups. The team act for owners and investors, individuals and developers and have extensive experience dealing with our corporate occupier clients’ property litigation requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should have good inter-personal skills, strong academics and high quality experience – typically with a major City or leading national/regional practice.
- A solid grounding in commercial landlord and tenant work to assist with the team’s occupier and investor clients
- Recent experience in Court and Tribunal work and of the different procedural stages of litigation.
- Dedicated to delivering high standards of client service
- Commercial awareness
The successful individual can expect to:
1. Provide a high quality legal service to clients on all aspects of real estate dispute resolution including:
- Disputes arising out of residential and commercial leases
- Disputes arising out of the buying and selling of land
- Disputes arising out of encumbrances affecting land.
2. Develop own technical knowledge and skills including the ability to:
- Analyse information and reach sound decisions
- Understand and adhere to instructions
- Communicate succinctly both orally and in writing
- Research appropriate case law and technical and legal precedents to progress matters.
This role will be assisting, and leading on, a mixed caseload of property litigation matters working with a senior partner and expert in property litigation, working with national clients across all sectors. You will be expected to maintain and develop client relationships and also contribute to business development events and activities.
The ideal individual will have excellent academics [2:1 / AAB] and experience of working to the highest standards - either from a recognised city or regional firm. You have solid understanding of the civil litigation process and sound knowledge of Landlord & Tenant Law. Excellent communication skills and the ability to monitor, manage and implement a significant caseload with numerous deadlines is key.
In return, you will be joining a progressive and forward thinking firm with an emphasis on exceeding client expectations on every instruction. The firm actively promotes agile working from home and has an active social committee with regular networking and events providing ample opportunity to integrate with other practice areas.
A highly attractive financial package is on offer + career progression + benefits.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below.
Alternatively, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in England
- Real Estate Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in England
- Arbitration Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in England
- Civil Litigation Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in England
- Commercial Litigation Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in England