CONSTRUCTION LAWYER 6-10 YEARS’ PQE
We are working with a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm to find the latest addition to their ever-growing Construction team. The firm is regularly ranked highly in the Legal 500 and the practice handles everything from high-profile complex deals and litigation to the day-to-day managing of property portfolios.
The team has been growing year-on-year and is one of largest construction and engineering teams in the Northwest. Now, the team is a leading force in the property and construction sector, dealing exclusively with construction and engineering law matters.
The firm is offering a competitive salary and remuneration package of up to £100,000 plus a myriad of benefits (listed below).
- You will be working on both non-contentious and contentious work, acting for employers and contractors, construction professionals and funders.
- You will be expected to manage your own caseload and assist in dispute resolution through litigation, arbitration, adjudication, mediation, and negotiation.
- You will be drafting pleadings, witness statements and instructing experts, drafting, and negotiating building contracts, performing due diligence of construction contracts, drafting letters of advice/instructions to clients/experts.
- You will be preparing professional appointments and warranties and manage their completion, preparing performance bonds and parent company guarantees and preparing reports and due diligence.
- You will be assisting with business development and tenders.
- Have excellent academics, achieving a minimum 2:1 at Undergraduate level at either a Redbrick or Oxbridge University.
- Have acquired at least 6 years’ qualified experience at a reputable regional, national or City firm and be able to demonstrate a strong track record.
- Demonstrate a strong client orientated approach, exceptional team skills and a can-do attitude.
- Demonstrate exceptional technical knowledge and the ability to work collaboratively with those in your team.
- Have solid presentation and client handling skills and be commercially astute (take an active part in business development for the firm).
- Salary up to £100,000.
- Medical Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Season ticket loans.
- Gym memberships.
- Cycle to work.
- Flexible/agile working.
How to Apply
- We’d welcome speaking with you directly and confidentially.
Find out more about our current job opportunities here: https://qclegal.com
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, very much setting the industry benchmark, leading from the front and by example.