In-house IT Outsourcing Lawyer, Regional Head of Legal - Dubai
Regional Head of Legal
Dubai, UAE + can work from the UK / Europe part of the year
I am working with a global technology business whose legal team is looking for an experienced technology lawyer that will be the lead support for the business throughout the Middle East, Turkey and Africa, and report into Global Head of Legal.
You will have a passion for drafting and negotiating complex and large outsourcing agreements. In deals you know how to balance between commercial and legal stakes, as well as identify and clearly communicate any legal risks. You are able to work independently, driven by a need to make the complex simple and with an excellent legal judgement and business mindset.
The role will involve daily exposure to top corporate customers and senior management and, although this role will be focused on META, you will work very closely with other legal teams around the world.
You are keen to join a multicultural organisation which believes in promoting a collaborative and inspiring work environment.
This position is based in in Dubai, UAE (including some remote working options). Some regional and international travel will be required.
Day-to-day responsibilities include drafting, negotiating and interpreting a wide variety of commercial issues and technology contracts agreements with customers, varying in nature, complexity and value, and working on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages, right through to final negotiation, escalation to senior leadership and dealing with any post signature issues, claims and litigation.
Other responsibilities include assessing legal risks and providing general advice to the business. You will work closely with the sales and delivery teams and support them in the bidding processes and commercial negotiations. You will be expected to understand fast evolving technology as applied to the business and its legal framework, and take appropriate legal steps.
- We are looking for an IT Outsourcing lawyer with 8+ PQE in private practice or in-house position in a multinational corporation.
- You are a seasoned (lead) negotiator (preferably on the IT vendor side) and you know how to balance between commercial and legal stakes. You are able to work independently, make good judgement calls and you are proactive in driving the negotiations to a success.
- Your experience is accompanied by a drive to truly understand the commercial and technological aspects of the business as a pro-active and hands-on member of the negotiation team.
- Experienced in IT contracts and with proven excellent contract drafting skills, as well as good knowledge of IP and data privacy issues.
- Ability to give concise and to-the-point legal advice, proactive and results driven.
- Ability to interact with all levels of business.
What you can expect in return
- Competitive package
- Senior regional role as part of a large global IT company
- Complex and interesting work
- High degree of trust and autonomy whilst being part of a collaborative global team
- Flexibility and remote working options - you can work from outside of the UAE in summer and occasionally throughout the rest of the year
Your contact for this opportunity is Mila Read.
Please apply below, via Found Legal website or reach out to Mila on LinkedIn.
We have been working closely with the hiring team for 2 years and will be able to answer your questions, best position you for the role and support you throughout the recruitment process with the aim or securing an excellent offer.
About Found Legal
Found Legal is a specialist in-house tech legal recruitment agency. We focus on placing the top 15% of legal talent into technology companies across the UK&I, Europe and the Middle East.
If the role / location is not quite the right fit, please reach out to Mila Read or register via our website to be notified of other opportunities.