Employment Associate - 2 PQE+, South-West
New! - an exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading Legal 100 firm based in the South-West and now looking to expand their Chambers-rated Employment team. Due to growth, we would like to speak with an ambitious & experienced Employment Associate who can demonstrate a minimum of 2+ years’ experience advising across a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Ideally, you will have received exposure to complex cases which may include: discrimination, whistle-blowing, unfair dismissal and breach of restrictive covenants.
This firm are recognised for their professional and collegiate culture which is regularly highly rated within engagement surveys and appraisal feedback. The employment team have a high retention rate across all PQE levels and can demonstrate a stellar roster of clients from SME to PLC, with a significant pipeline of work advising individuals and professionals.
- Excellent academics - 2.1 degree or equivalent, with A levels at ABB or higher
- An interest in working for senior executives and higher education clients (universities and colleges)
- Clear drive and enthusiasm for employment law
- Excellent written English for drafting purposes
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines whilst balancing high volume urgent work
- Developed presentation skills
- Self-starting with common sense, initiative
- The ability to work effectively both within a team and also independently
- An appetite to work on complex matters
- Proactive case management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to establish long lasting relationships with colleagues, clients, targets and multipliers
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, inc. ability to work with others, influence/persuade
- Appropriate IT skills, including an ability to use online information sources
- Sound research skills
- An understanding of business management and an ability to deliver profitable work
- A desire to develop yourself and your career within the team
Many of the teams employment cases advised upon have received considerable press attention and gone on to become leading judgments on high-profile issues including: discrimination and whistle-blowing. You can expect to handle a mixed caseload working with Chambers-rated partners and fee-earners, with excellent potential to progress your career longer-term with a transparent framework for promotion.
- Playing a leading role in team and firm-wide business development and marketing initiatives
- Responsible for creation and development of client relationships
- Working both as part of team as well as taking the lead on specific projects and activities
- Drafting contracts, agreements, policies and procedures
- Providing corporate support and advising on all employment-related issues connected with mergers, acquisitions, contracting out and the effect of TUPE
- Advising on the full realm of employment related disputes and problems affecting both employers and employees.
- Preparation of Tribunal cases and providing representation at the hearing, where appropriate.
An attractive salary and financial package on offer.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial Private Practice Partner jobs in Wiltshire
- Employment Private Practice Partner jobs in Wiltshire
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Private Practice Partner jobs in Wiltshire
- Employee Benefits Private Practice Partner jobs in Wiltshire
- General Employment Private Practice Partner jobs in Wiltshire