We started out in 1760 as a marine classification society. Today, we’re one of the world’s leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology – improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures for customers in over 75 countries worldwide. The profits we generate fund the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a charity which supports engineering-related research, education and public engagement around everything we do. All of this helps us stand by the purpose that drives us every single day: Working together for a safer world.
We have recently announced that Business Assurance and Inspection Services + Nettitude will be leaving the LR Group and will become a standalone business (LRQA) under the ownership of Goldman Sachs Asset Management. It’s an exciting time to join our business as we have ambitious growth plans. We are looking for talented people to join our business to help build on our strengths and transform our business to be the best partner for our customers.
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, the General Counsel will be responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining the overall legal strategy, globally for LRQA (a fast-growing international environment).
- Responsible for setting the overall legal strategy and direction for LRQA (encompassing Americas, EMEA and APAC regions) – working with the team of Legal Counsels and functional leaders to evaluate legal risks and develop procedures to mitigate such risks.
- Provide legal advice on a range of matters including; corporate, M&A, commercial contracts, corporate policies and dispute resolution.
- Advise business leadership on related regulatory issues and compliance matters that are specific to LRQA. Providing leadership and support, including training, investigations and advice at all levels of the organisation.
- Responsible for Global Data Protection ensuring that relevant specialists take ownership of privacy and the processing of personal data under local legislation (GDPR, LGPD, KVKK etc).
- Ensure LRQA’s internal controls and policies are fit for purpose (e.g. anti-bribery, money laundering, compliance with law and best practices) and develop/provide internal training as required.
- Eliminate or minimise employee's exposure to risks by reviewing the health and safety risk register, applying appropriate controls, communicating results of risk assessment and ensuring health and safety is considered in the planning and execution of all LRQA activities.
- Qualified Solicitor with a current practicing certificate
- Demonstrable commercial experienced gained from both private practice & in-house environments.
- Proven leadership experience from both strategic and team management perspectives.
- Working knowledge of applicable areas of law; commercial contracts, data protection, corporate, regulatory, compliance & disputes.
- Can confidently interact with stakeholders of all levels within the organisation.
- Location – LRQA are Headquartered in Birmingham with an additional London office, candidates with a base in either location will be considered (with expected travel between the two).
- Remuneration - a competitive package including; strong base salary, car allowance, bonus & pension.
- Diversity and Inclusion at Lloyd's Register: Together we are one Lloyd’s Register, committed to developing an inclusive and safe workplace that embraces and celebrates diversity. We strive to ensure that all applicants to LR experience equality of opportunity and fair treatment, because we believe it is the right thing to do. We hope you do too.
The Application deadline for this role is Friday 24th September 2021. The recruitment process is being handled by Ben Fryer at Badenoch + Clark, all third-party applications will be directed to Badenoch + Clark for consideration
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)
- Intellectual Property In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)
- Regulatory/Compliance In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)
- Data Protection In-House 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)