Senior Construction Litigation Associate - 5 PQE+, Reading
New! - our client is a leading Legal 100 firm with an outstanding reputation for construction, engineering, and infrastructure dispute matters. Due to growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Senior Construction Litigation Associate to join their team based in the Thames Valley. This Construction, Engineering and Projects Team is a full service team providing transactional advice through to dispute avoidance/resolution advice relating to large scale construction and engineering projects, in the UK and internationally.
The team mainly acts for commercial clients across a wide range of business sectors with a particular emphasis on real estate developers, property investment companies, contractors and major engineering consultancies.
Their core dispute avoidance/resolution services include advising on all forms of dispute resolution (adjudication / arbitration / litigation / mediation / expert determination), giving strategic advice to clients to ensure that their dispute is resolved as cost effectively as possible, whilst maintaining the best possible outcome.
The focus of this role will be to assist with a wide range of construction disputes, acting for both commercial, institutional and private clients. The main responsibilities include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of industry-specific and general commercial contracts between the different parties involved in a project.
- Acting for a variety of clients including builders, property developers, architects, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, landowners and more.
- Working closely with legal professionals of other disciplines including finance, property and regulatory to ensure due diligence is carried out, funding is secured etc.
- Liaising and negotiating with civil authorities to obtain planning permission and building approvals.
- Guiding clients through various forms of dispute resolution, up to and including litigation, when contracts are breached, payments are not made, injuries sustained, and other issues arise around the project.
- Advising on health and safety, insurance, liability and environmental matters relating to each project.
A number of the construction partners and team members have previously worked in-house for major industry names, and so candidates with backgrounds in private practice or industry are equally of interest.
The team has a number of fee-earners and partners highly ranked in the legal directories and the firm are recognised for their collegiate and supportive culture. This position would suit an ambitious individual looking for city quality work with greater flexibility for work-life balance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
- Manage a substantial and varied workload efficiently and cost effectively with supervision, appropriate to level of expertise
- Draft documents with minimum instruction and supervision, making use of appropriate precedents
- Apply a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
- Identify client opportunities and take appropriate steps to follow through
- Contribute to group knowledge and know-how initiatives
You can expect to advise employers: construction professionals; contractors and sub-contractors which will bring exposure across a broad range of matters and disputes.
Business development and marketing activity is encouraged at all levels.
A highly attractive financial package is on offer + benefits
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Construction Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Energy Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Insurance/Reinsurance Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire
- PPP/PFI/Commercial projects Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in Buckinghamshire