Private Client Associate - 2 PQE+, Buckinghamshire
Our client is a leading Legal 200 firm with an excellent reputation for their Chambers-rated Private Client practice who frequently advise upon high-profile, and high-value, matters including complex estate administration; offshore trusts; tax concerns and wills and probate issues. Due to expansion within the team, a unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Private Client Associate to join their Chambers-rated team in Buckinghamshire and play an integral role in the future development of the practice.
We are looking to speak with individuals who can demonstrate a minimum of 1-4 PQE, ideally with existing experience in general succession planning and estate administration work, but looking to develop this in a market-leading private client practice.
A position exists for a technically strong, personable and ambitious lawyer, looking to pursue a career in this private client team. The successful candidate will join one of the top ranked personal tax and trust teams in the South East outside London.
The private client team is highly rated in both 'Chambers and Partners' and. the 'Legal 500'.
A number of partners and lawyers in the team are recommended as leaders in their field, and the team has recently won two national awards. The team’s clients are spread throughout the UK and overseas and include clients in the Sunday Times Rich List.
The team undertake the full spectrum of private client work, key areas being:
- Succession planning through Wills and trusts, including international/cross border estate planning
- All aspects of inheritance tax, capital gains tax, and income tax planning as they apply to individuals and trusts
- Probate and administration of estates and trusts, including domestic and international estates
- Planning for non-UK domiciled clients and non-UK trusts
- Tax planning for entrepreneurs and business owners
- Establishing charities and providing advice to charities
You will ideally have a minimum of 1-4 years experience and have trained with a highly regarded city, regional or national firm with excellent academics. This is a genuine opportunity to progress your career with a top-tier practice and work with leaders in their field. Whether the end client require advice on legal and tax structuring for business and investments, family and business governance, tax and estate planning, or, help with a vulnerable person, the firm deliver tailored solutions to meet a specific need.
- A minimum of 1-4 years of private client experience including: wills, tax, trusts, wealth planning, probate.
- Sound and solid background in wills and probate with experience of running independent caseloads
- Strong technical competence and intellectual ability (STEP qualification preferred)
- Confident and personable approach, with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- A proven ability to work effectively as part of a team, providing a role model for others to follow, to supervise others and to delegate effectively
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of high levels of client care
- Demonstrable experience of managing relationships with colleagues (including those in other legal disciplines) and third party introducers of work
- Flexible outlook with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- IT literate (you will receive training on our Practice Management System, Peppermint and Document Management System, iManage)
- Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role, including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
A significant volume of the work is for HNWI so any previous experience advising related clients would be an advantage. You can expect to advise a number of family offices and international families as to their ongoing affairs and international trust structures, including private trust company structures.
You can also expect to work closely with a number of business families advising on existing structures set up for the management and governance of the family business, its interaction with family trusts and associated estate planning measures.
An excellent financial package is on offer + career progression.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: email@example.com