Commercial Property Solicitors/Associates
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Commercial Litigation South / Wales
Commercial Litigation London / TV
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
If you have any questions, please email Maria Coombe at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 9228 2784.
Our Legal 500, Tier 1 ranked Real Estate teams in Southampton, Oxford and Reading are enjoying high levels of activity amongst existing and new clients from a range of sectors, and we are looking to recruit lawyers to join us. Opportunities exist for lawyers who are newly qualified and for those with up to 4 years' PQE. Individuals will take on a broad ranging role advising major corporate occupiers, developers, institutional investors, local government and household names in the health, education, technology and energy sectors. The successful candidates will be working within a supportive and collegiate environment with Legal 500 Leading Individuals and Rising Stars. Work may be sourced across our entire network including Cardiff and London and our lawyers are exposed to consistently high quality and complex work.
'The team gives a very good service, simply. They are responsive and make you feel like a valued client. They take the time to understand the clients’ requirements and invest in the relationship.‘
Legal 500, 2020
More information about our practice can be found here.
You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm and our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to work in accordance with our smart working principals - therefore, so as long as you would be able to come to our offices at least twice per week, client and team requirements depending, you will be able to undertake these roles. You will be a core part of our wider Property Services Group and will have access the technology, support and resources you require.
The successful candidates will be expected to provide high quality advice on matters relating to the real estate cycle for single properties and large portfolios:
Other responsibilities will include:
- Advising clients on impact of property trends
- Keeping updated on legislation and advising clients accordingly
- Assuming involvement in business and practice development
Skills / Experience Required
- Solid technical understanding of commercial property law
- 0-4 years' PQE gained within reputable property practice(s)
- Interest or experience in key client account management
- Dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
- Collegiate and team-playing approach
- Relationship-driven and people oriented
- Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
- Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
- Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
- Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is woven into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our "ACTS framework" that places high value on being:
- Astute (commercially)
- Team playing
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
- 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase one week's leave
- Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
- Life assurance scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional subscriptions
- Free parking (Southampton and Oxford)
- Season ticket loan (Reading)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at leading retailers
- Volunteering leave
- Recruitment referral scheme
- Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones