Litigation Manager - Sheffield
A large leading Sheffield law firm, are looking to recruit a Litigation Manager to join their team. In this role, you will manage a number of small sub-teams of litigators who specialise predominantly in Personal Injury litigation including EL, PL, OL, Industrial disease, RTA and CICA cases.
In this role you will:
- Work with, manage and support a number of sub-teams (and the managers of those teams) to make sure individual and team targets are met;
- Set targets on behalf of the teams that you are managing and help them in achieving these targets;
- Ensure all teams are complying with SLA's and KPI's;
- Ensure risk and compliance procedures and protocols are closely followed at all times and deal with any complaints within the department;
- Ensure workloads are fairly distributed;
- Build relationships with clients and other third parties;
- Provide technical support and training to the team when needed and also ensure that all team members are aware of any relevant changes in legislation, practice and procedure;
- Monitor work flow and ensure cases are effectively vetted and fairly allocated amongst teams;
- Oversee and assist with the recruitment of new staff;
- Oversee and participate in the law firm's performance management framework;
- Attend and often lead management team meetings;
- Plan, oversee and attend business development events for the firm;
- Promote best practice within the team at all times; and
- Troubleshoot and advise team members with complex cases and sometimes run these cases yourself within the department, advising clients from inception to the conclusion of their case.
You will ideally:
- Have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and approach to work;
- Be able to prioritise workloads and have excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Be self-motivated but able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Be able to comply with protocols and best practices and targets and deadlines;
- Be able to lead, mentor and develop a number of teams, being patient and understanding with your team members;
- Be able to draft business plans for legal teams and departments that can be successfully achieved;
- Have previous experience working in a Personal Injury Litigation claims department, preferably in a management position;
- Have an excellent technical knowledge of this area of law;
- Be confident using case management and other IT systems;
- Have the ability to supervise the performance of team members and analyse the team's performance as a whole within the firm.
- This is an excellent opportunity for those Personal Injury lawyers wishing to progress their careers and to manage teams within a forward thinking, modern law firm.